Tuesday, October 26, 2010

192.4 and counting

Actually I am hoping to say subtracting. :) I have finally decided to just do it and get in shape. I am a mother now with a 2 year old this Sunday. WOW...and I will be 38 years old on my next birthday. I have spent half my life in shape and half of it as flabby as can be. I think I deserve to feel good about myself again.

THis morning I went for a walk/run. I didn't make it too far on the run part. I was very frustrated as my feet hurt and I started getting shin splints. But the walking is definitely no problem. I just get frustrated because part of me doesn't know how to get sweaty. I stop before that point.

Then later on, I went to the store and stopped myself from buying a candy bar. BUt what did I do for lunch? McDonalds. I am going to hold myself responsible...and nothing but Me/Myself/I is going to get in the way of my goals.

My first goal is to get in shape to run a 5K with my friend Ruby in April. I can do it. I am so weird...because when I was doing the research for it, I was like...oh, that is toooooo easy and went and looked for a half marathon information. YES...that would be good if I actually kept up and did everything.

So my focus is on one step at a time. Get ready for a 5k and start journaling what I am eating and no more McDonald's. THat is it.

I figure if I start before New Year's I will have a head start on reaching all my goals. My ultimate goal is to be a size 6 again.

One step at a time....like the little engine....I think I can, I think I can, I KNOW I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment